EPIC subscription guide
The EPIC subscription year runs from 1 April - 31 March. You are able to join EPIC at any time during the subscription year and pay a pro-rated subscription through to the end of the subscription period. This page contains links to the subscription options that are available, a guide to EPIC subscriptions and an outline of the 2017-2018 EPIC subscription confirmation process.
EPIC subscription options
The following links provide information about the subscription options available to each library sector. Secure links to subscription pricing options are also available through these pages:
- EPIC Public Library subscription options
- EPIC Tertiary Library subscription options
- EPIC Special Library subscription options
EPIC subscription guide
- The EPIC subscription year runs from 1 April - 31 March, however, libraries can take up any of the subscription options available through EPIC at any time during the year. The subscription charge will be pro-rated through to the end of the subscription year, based on the full year price listed in the pricing information links on the individual vendor subscription pricing option pages.
- All member libraries are charged a standard 5% administration fee in addition to subscription costs to contribute to the administration of the consortium.
- EPIC member libraries are required to sign a Sub-Licence Agreement with the Department of Internal Affairs for the supply of the electronic database resources provided in their EPIC subscription. A template of the member Sub-Licence Agreement, along with the terms and conditions of each supplier can be accessed using a Members Only login at http://epic.org.nz/sub-licence-terms
- There are a number of options where the pricing is in foreign currency (i.e. US$, AU$) - this has been indicated in the Pricing information. Please be aware that if you choose these options, you will be invoiced by EPIC in NZ$ based on the exchange rate at the time of billing.
Pricing information criteria:
- EPIC cost allocation model - to seek clarification of your banding, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Population served (public libraries) - pricing based on the population served by your local authority. This information is sourced through the latest Statistics NZ census data.
- EFTS (tertiary libraries) - pricing based on equivalent fulltime student (EFTS) numbers based on the annual Tertiary Education Commission Tertiary Education Performance Reports.
- Employee / Staff nos. (Special Libraries) - pricing based on employee/staff members of the organisation.
- Concurrent/simultaneous user - pricing based on the number of concurrent users that access is provided to.
The 2016-2017 EPIC subscription year ends on 31 March 2017. EPIC is therefore seeking member libraries’ subscription confirmations for the new 2017-2018 EPIC subscription year beginning 1 April 2017.
To confirm your organisation’s EPIC subscription, a representative from your library is required to complete and sign an EPIC subscription confirmation form indicating your subscription selections for 2017-2018 by 5pm, Friday 3 March 2017.
This ensures that:
- Access to any new subscription options can be set up prior to the beginning of the new subscription year beginning 1 April 2017.
- Binding commitments are in place from each member library to their subscription options as a guarantee to EPIC that full cost recovery of the subscription costs to vendors can be re-couped from the membership.
If confirmation is not received from your organisation prior to 5pm, Friday 3 March 2017, (unless otherwise notified) your EPIC subscriptions from the 2016-2017 subscription year will be cancelled and the vendors will be notified to discontinue your libraries’ access to the resources in the subscription.
- If your organisation renews subscriptions to resources that you have subscribed to through EPIC in 2016-2017, you will not need to do anything further. Access will continue seamlessly as of 1 April 2017.
- If your organisation adds new subscription options,your contact details will be provided to the applicable vendor/s. They will then contact you directly about setting up access to your new subscription/s. (It is likely that they will require a list of your IP ranges to authenticate your in-house access and details of your remote access authentication option/s).
- If your organisation does not select subscription options that you subscribed to through EPIC in 2016-2017 these will be cancelled for 2017-2018. Please remember to remove all links to these resources prior to 1 April 2017 as access will cease from the start of the new subscription year.
(Unless prior arrangements have been made with the EPIC Manager) an invoice for the full subscription amount, including the standard 5% EPIC administration fee (in NZ$ plus GST) see: EPIC subscription guide will be issued by The Department of Internal Affairs on behalf of EPIC in May 2017.
If your organisation requires the addition of a purchase order number for payment, please notify the EPIC Manager via email prior to invoicing.
Member libraries will be required to sign the EPIC sub-licence agreement for the period 1 April 2017 - 31 March 2018 which includes the terms and conditions of use for each of the resources available through EPIC. These will be sent out for signing shortly after invoicing.